[issue198] smart remove expat removes SUSE

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Mon Aug 28 07:51:45 PDT 2006

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net> added the comment:

There is no bug here, it's just a matter of dependency tree.

The package 'expat' provides the file 'libexpat.so.1', which in turn is required
by 'kdelibs3' and 'xorg-x11-libs', both being the core components of KDE and
Xorg respectively, which in turn would lead Smart to remove that many packages.

If you ask me why YaST doesn't act the same way, I can't tell you why. Maybe
it's because it has some kind of removal depth protection, or it's not smart
enough to see that so much dependencies.

This is not Smart's fault.

nosy: +netmask
project:  -> smart
status: chatting -> resolved