Oh heck :-(

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Thu Aug 24 07:27:24 PDT 2006

Hey Basil,

> >When I attempt to "install" them with rpm -Uvh *.rpm --test, I get the
> >error message "Segmentation fault".

There's something else going on with your system, unrelated to Smart.
It'll be pretty hard to tell what it is without further debugging.

A gdb stack trace could help telling around where the issue lives.

> The above problem is still in effect. By doing an update of the channels
> I also (now) get an error message:

This isn't the same problem. It's just a repository out of date with
relation to the repomd.xml file.  Please try to load it again after a
few minutes.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net