[issue197] Smart Fails on Segmentation Faults

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 26 01:12:37 PDT 2006

stuart at Labix Tracker wrote:
> stuart <stuart.nettleton at optusnet.com.au> added the comment:
>
> rpm --initdb
> rpm --rebuilddb
> allowed me to run smart once more without the immediate "segmentation faults"
> upon rebuilding the cache.  However, at present the rpm channels are down, so
> its not a good time to run smart update

I just tried to do the same as above and when I started smart manager,
updated the channels and then when the cache was being updated the
following error message was displayed on the screen:

Traceback (most recent call last):

   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
line 171, in callback
     exec code in globals

   File "<callback>", line 1, in ?

   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
line 451, in upgradeAll
     if self.confirmChange(self._changeset, changeset):

   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interface.py",
line 164, in confirmChange
     return self._changes.showChangeSet(changeset, keep=keep, confirm=True)

   File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/changes.py", line
188, in showChangeSet
     size = report.getInstallSize() - report.getRemoveSize()

   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/report.py", line 200, in
getRemoveSize
     size = info.getInstalledSize()

   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/header.py",
line 87, in getInstalledSize
     return self._h[rpm.RPMTAG_SIZE]

   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/header.py",
line 58, in __get__
     obj._h = obj._loader.getHeader(obj._package)

   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/header.py",
line 598, in getHeader
     return mi.next()

StopIteration

What does all this mean? What needs to be done to get smart to work
again for me?

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1