[issue197] Smart Fails on Segmentation Faults

stuart at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sat Aug 26 15:12:38 PDT 2006

stuart <stuart.nettleton at optusnet.com.au> added the comment:

Thankfully, --initdb is not so dangerous according to
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-miscellania.html "It might seem that the
--initdb option would be dangerous. After all, won't it trash your current
database if you mistakenly use it? Fortunately, the answer is no. If there is an
RPM database in place already, it's still perfectly safe to use the option, even
though it won't accomplish much."
Using smart --gui, I can see all the packages but none show as installed - which
is the same problem I had at the start of all this.  [niemeyer, I also tried
your suggestion of "rm /var/lib/smart/cache" but to no avail - thanks]