A request for smat

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sun Aug 27 06:02:23 PDT 2006

Andreas Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basil Chupin schrieb:
>> What I would like to see happen is for the wording in package
>> descriptions to wordwrap to fit the normal or even a maximised smart
>> window when one looks at a package description using the package manager.
>
> this seems to be already the case - but dependent on the channel type.
>
> For rpm-md channels, the descriptions are word-wrapped fine:
>
> http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/59/rpmmdvc1.png
>
> But for yast2 channels, they are not:
>
> http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9597/yast2ae1.png
>
> Even worse, for yast2 channels, it displays the text from the warning
> popup that YaST shows for some packages within the description field,
> prefixed by "+Ins:".
>
> Andreas Hanke

Thanks for this, Hanke.

The wordwrapping is only a minor irritation and does not take away from
the functionality of smart which is the most important consideration.
Will have to ask the people who put together the repositories to use
proppa text editors :-) .

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1