‘–dump’ list of packages

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Mon Dec 11 07:36:27 PST 2006

Em Seg, 2006-12-11 às 11:23 -0400, Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. escreveu:

> These were just examples. My idea was to avoid several
> switches that do mostly the same thing. Specially
> if the implementation behind the two switches is
> different (are they?).

They are a little bit different, either in implementation and usage.

--urls shows the urls for everything that is needed to download for a
specific transaction. For example, if when removing a package it imposes
the downgrading or upgrading of others, --urls would show those
packages.

OTOH, --dump shows only the packages that are *directly* related to the
requested transaction. So, if a removal will force a downgrade, --dump
would show the removed packages only, ignoring
upgrading/removing/instaling packages on the transaction.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) | Maceio/AL/BR         %
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net    | http://smartpm.org   %