[issue107] proxy authentication

Christian Metzen at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Feb 2 01:45:33 PST 2006

New submission from Christian Metzen <metzench at ccux-linux.de>:

Hello there,

after setting up my new Notebook, i'm trying to get smart working on it from my
office. I need to use a http proxy here, with firefox or wget everything works
fine when setting the host / username / passwd for example with
http_proxy=http://user:passwd@proxy:port

But smart refuses to work, it doesn't matter wether i set the environment
variable or user smart config --set http-proxy.

When i only submit http://proxy:port he tells me

FEHLER!: http://repository.ccux-linux.de/pub/ccux/repodata/repomd.xml: Proxy
Authentication Required

thats fine because we need to authenticate against the proxy, but when i use
http://user:passwd@proxy:port, smart tells

FEHLER!: http://repository.ccux-linux.de/pub/ccux/repodata/repomd.xml: (-2,
'Name or service not known')

Might be there is something wrong with smart when in need of proxy
authentication? Username and passwords are fine, because everything works right
when using firefox or wget for example.

Any help about that would be appreciated!

messages: 322
nosy: BBlack
priority: bug
project: smart