[issue104] Improvement suggestions for the GUI

Fedor G Pikus at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Feb 2 14:25:32 PST 2006

Fedor G Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> added the comment:

Multiple versions are exception, not norm (expecially after you separate x86_64
and i386 like Smart does). In 99% of the cases there is only one version, and
having it displayed side-by-side with all available newer versions is useful. In
the few cases where multiple versions of packages are installed, just show the
latest installed version.

"-1 lines" in my example are the lines with 4.0.2-1 version of gcc and gcc-c++.
Smart gui shows two versions of gcc and gcc-c++ because there are two newer
versions available, 4.0.2-1 and 4.0.2-2. So I cannot select a range of packages
because both will be selected. I have to notice this and unselect one.