One option smart needs to conquer the world

Richard Hendershot rshendershot at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 22 08:18:11 PST 2006

I've used Smart to downgrade and rectify conflicts a LOT.  I've never
had a bit of trouble.  I'm running FC4 with nrpms, at, and several other
repositories.  YMMV, but I'd *hate* to see less weight given to Smart's
ability to do these things!

-rsh

ps- a good example is LIRC. Somehow it conflicts with HAL preventing it
from running if I use the latest out there.  Using Smart I was able to
downgrade to BASE and voila, problem solved.  When I care enough about
lirc I'll figure out what went wrong, but heck I'll probably be using
FC5 by then.  Gstreamer is another example.  Gnome 2.12 also.  All
conflicts and issues were easily handled.  Great program.  Priceless
even  :)

--
Richard Hendershot <rshendershot at mchsi.com>