One option smart needs to conquer the world

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:31:33 PST 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 11:18 am, Richard Hendershot wrote:
> I've used Smart to downgrade and rectify conflicts a LOT.  I've never
> had a bit of trouble.  I'm running FC4 with nrpms, at, and several other
> repositories.  YMMV, but I'd *hate* to see less weight given to Smart's
> ability to do these things!
>
> -rsh

I'm not saying that downgrade is a bad thing.  I'm saying there are a bunch of
people who do think that, and if we give them the option, maybe they'd be
happy.  I'm not saying change the default behavior.  If the option is
specified in such a manner that a cli interface could switch it, then a
fedora packager could switch it off as part of his install script.