One option smart needs to conquer the world

Richard Hendershot rshendershot at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 22 08:50:34 PST 2006

Should a packager be allowed to specify this?  I'm wondering how a
packager would know about the dependencies enough to be able to decide
-for me- that downgrading is not appropriate.  When I see a lot of
removes and downgrades I have the choice of finding other appropriate
packages, waiting, etc.  If I'm getting your point, then the packager
would be able to prevent installing since it would detect a downgrade?

--
Richard Hendershot <rshendershot at mchsi.com>