ftp-proxy does not work

René Matthäi matthaei at gmx.de
Tue Jan 17 08:38:05 PST 2006

Hi,

I am using smart 0.41 and it doesn't work with our proxy. I figured out
that maybe that is because rpm doesn't work with my proxy either.
Apparently rpm doesn't take my global proxy settings into account
(http_proxy, ftp_proxy). That's what I used to tell smart explicitly to
use a proxy ($http_proxy and $ftp_proxy are set AND WORK with all other
programs, including wget ftp://....):

smart config --set ftp-proxy=http://proxy.ourproxyhost.de:80

Yes, our proxy accepts ftp requests by a http request on port 80 (and
this is the only way it works and works perfectly, apart from
smart/rpm).

There IS an proxy option in smart and rpm, but none of them seems to
work. smart just sticks at the point where trying to download from the
first ftp-server saying " [0%]", and rpm doesn't do anything further
either.

Do you know how I tell rpm/smart to use the proxy in my case?

René
--
Registered Linux User #324404