[issue51] More friendly gui ?

jon at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Tue Jan 17 17:11:22 PST 2006

jon <linux.learner at gmail.com> added the comment:

Gustavo, i was talking with texstar to find out if smart is officially supported
by pclinuxos. to which tex said:

"Our users need something very very basic and even Synaptic is a little hard to
learn for many coming from Windows. I'll keep a hold of your link. If Smart ever
gets a user friendly interface that Window users can understand we can consider
supporting it in pclos."

this brought to mind a few things. as you can see, several people have requested
a better gui. the question is, how do we define a "better gui". so, i think that
we should work on defining some standards. maybe HIG standards.

nosy: +linux_learner