[issue104] Improvement suggestions for the GUI

Fedor G Pikus at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sun Jan 29 22:31:10 PST 2006

New submission from Fedor G Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com>:

Smart has a great depsolver, but the gui is rather limited. First of all,
unlike synaptic, it does not show  installed versions, so I'm looking at a
list of packages and versions and in an xterm on the side have to do rpm -q
all the time. Second, unlike synaptic smart gui will list all available
versions of a package, not just the latest one. Sometimes it is useful, but
much more often it just slows things down: I have to read all versions and
see which is the latest, and I can't just select a range of packages from
the gui and click "install" because if there are two versions of the same
package, both will be selected and smart will report an error.

messages: 303
nosy: pikus
priority: wish
project: smart
status: unread
title: Improvement suggestions for the GUI