[Fwd: how to init channels]

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Jan 2 18:15:23 PST 2006

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:52:05 -0200 Mauricio Teixeira <netmask at webset.net> wrote:
> Mikus Grinbergs escreveu:
>
> > list above *were* inserted by this recent "install" process
> > into my /etc/smart/channels directory, despite there already
>
> This is a packaging issue, and should be directed to the correct person
> (in this case, Pascal Blesser).

I suspect many many packages are "dull":  they include files to be
installed (and they perform 'replace' by filename).  What I *wish* is
that installation of 'smart channels' were done by an "alert" package,
which (optionally?) can *prompt* for whether the channel included in
the package is to be accepted/discarded, and which will not leave the
/etc/smart/channels directory "cluttered up" with unused files.

> Maybe you could post an issue on the tracker asking for this
> if you think it's important.

I've already used tracker for what bothers me more.  My beef here
was the feeling that the install was "disparaging" what I had
already done.  Not worth making an issue - it's just a clash of
preferences.

mikus