[issue104] Improvement suggestions for the GUI

Mikus Grinbergs at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Mon Jan 30 11:48:23 PST 2006

Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> added the comment:

Regarding "the gui ... does not show installed versions", I'm not sure what it
is that you are missing.

I'm running 'smart --gui' on SuSE 10.0.  I have selected View -> Tree Style ->
Channels and Groups.  There is a 'pseudo-channel' shown called "RPM System".
When expanded, this heading shows a line for every "installed" RPM.  Further,
the 'version' field on that line shows the SAME information as would'rpm -q'.
[Admittedly, one would have to select this line and then look at the 'General'
information tab to find out *which* repositories contained copies of that
version of the installed package.]

Also, when I expand the "source" channels. similar lines are shown for ALL
available packages.  HOWEVER, those lines showing packages which ARE installed
on my system are identified by a colored icon (and again such a line *does* list
the 'version', just like 'rpm -q' would).