Smart's "Groundhog Day"

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Mon Jul 17 22:16:46 PDT 2006

Smart is enamoured with the KOPETE and the KDENETWORK3-INSTANTMESSENGER
packages (RPMs). Smart keeps cycling between these 2 ad finitum after
either one is updated: install kopete and it wants to update kdenetwork3
- and other way 'round.

I am using smart on SuSE v10.1 and, as I stated, when kopete
0.12.1-2.1 at i586 is updated, smart then shows that
kdenetwork3-InstantMessenger 3,5,1-32 at i586 has to be updated -- and
vice-versa, round and round :-) .

How do I break this cycle? What information do I need to provide to help
in finding the solution?

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus