slamd64 smart package

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Sat Jul 15 10:03:51 PDT 2006

Hey Tom,

> I have created a slamd64 (http://www.slamd64.com) package of smart
> hosted at http://www.jeepster.org.uk/paks/smart/
>
> If you want to add it to your site feel free.

Wow, that's very nice. It's the first time I've heard about the
Slackware backend being used for real (I wrote the backend myself
to check that the model was flexible enough, but haven't had the
chance to really use it).

> There are also the various scripts that slackware/slamd64 and
> bluewhete64 (and various derivatives) use to create packages at the
> same url so while the package in the slackpak folder is for slamd64
> the smart.SlackBuild and slack-desc make it possible for those
> distribution to make a local package of smart.

I've been recently contacted about Smart on Slackware. The guy was
unable to setup Smart, apparently fighting with Linux basics rather
than Smart or Slackware specifically. Would you also have a Smart
package ready that I could point people to when they ask for
general Slackware support?

I've added the link to the page. Thanks for the pointer.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net