Smart stopped working

J.L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Sat Jul 15 06:24:48 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 11:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Not sure how you giot into that state, but nuking /var/lib/smart/* may
> get you going again. If it gets into the same state nuke it again and
> comment the ivazquez repo.
Thanks alex, for your quick reply (I just looked for my e-mail now).
I first renamed the channels directory to channels.error and tried it
but that didn't work. Than I moved the content of the smart-directory to
smart.old (i.e. the smart directory was empty for smart) and that
worked.It requested to install the different repos and then worked
normally. However, the directory /var/lib/smart/ now has only an empty
channels directory (and my former smart.old directory). Where has smart
stored the relevant information (the channels, directory, the package
directory etc.).
Another thing. I found in the list a package "smart-gui". Is that the
same as starting smart with the option --gui?
Joep