[issue182] opensuse 10.1, no devel packages?

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 18 22:45:09 PDT 2006

Seth Galitzer at Labix Tracker wrote:
> New submission from Seth Galitzer <sgsax at ksu.edu>:
>
> Maybe this is just a configuration issue, but when I search for packages, no
> devel packages are returned in the results.  I'm using version 0.41 as provided
> by the standard opensuse distribution.

smart has been updated to version 0.42 and you will find it at-

http://labix.org/smart

Choose the ones for SuSE and also choose the one for the correct CPU
(x86 or x86_64). You don't really need the one with "debug" in its name.

The packages from this URL also contains preset channels to which you
can add your own but these will get you going. But read the note which
comes with 0.42 about activating a couple of the channels.

Oh, before you install 0.42 first UNINSTALL the copy of smart in 10.1
and then install as ROOT the 4 RPMs with-

rpm -ivh <package-name.rpm>

(If you haven't done this before then ask for further help before you go
on. If something goes wrong it won't be the end of the world but it
would be nice to have all this done without any problems, right? :-) .)

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus