[issue182] opensuse 10.1, no devel packages?

Christoph Thiel cthiel at suse.de
Tue Jul 18 23:49:09 PDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Seth Galitzer at Labix Tracker wrote:

> New submission from Seth Galitzer <sgsax at ksu.edu>:
>
> Maybe this is just a configuration issue, but when I search for
> packages, no devel packages are returned in the results.  I'm using
> version 0.41 as provided by the standard opensuse distribution.

Did you add any channels to your smart configuration? By default there
won't be any channels, so smart will only find installed packages.

Please run:

  smart channel --add suse101 name="SUSE Linux 10.1" type=rpm-md \
  baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/

Regards
	Christoph