[issue182] opensuse 10.1, no devel packages?

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Wed Jul 19 01:41:22 PDT 2006

Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Seth Galitzer at Labix Tracker wrote:
>
>> New submission from Seth Galitzer <sgsax at ksu.edu>:
>>
>> Maybe this is just a configuration issue, but when I search for
>> packages, no devel packages are returned in the results.  I'm using
>> version 0.41 as provided by the standard opensuse distribution.
>
> Did you add any channels to your smart configuration? By default there
> won't be any channels, so smart will only find installed packages.
>
> Please run:
>
>   smart channel --add suse101 name="SUSE Linux 10.1" type=rpm-md \
>   baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/

Christoph, I've looked in smart's home site for this but cannot find it
so could you please tell me how you arrived at the "type=rpm-md" above?
That is, how does one determine what the TYPE is for any channel?

I want to add
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/
and don't know if the type is yast2 or rpm-md or even something else.

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus