[issue164] smart --gui does not run on SUSE 10.0/x86_64

Werner Flamme at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Thu Jun 1 07:29:40 PDT 2006

Werner Flamme <werner.flamme at ufz.de> added the comment:

:-) No, I do not like to suffer, but suffering likes me ;-)

Now I saw that your rpm contains files in /etc/smart/channels - I just had an
empty directory... After "for DATEI in *.channel; do smart channel --add $DATEI
--yes; done" the required files show up.

But thanks to a hint (*pang*) of Mikus Grinbergs I installed libsvg,
libsvg-cairo, python-cairo, and python-gtk from the 10.1 DVD and was able to
install smart-gui then. And: it works! :-)

Thanks for all the help!

Werner