Preparing smart 0.42

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jun 17 00:22:59 PDT 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:10:37 +0200 (CEST) Christoph Thiel <cthiel at suse.de> wrote:
> > Installed smart and smart-gui packages (0.41.99-11) on my SuSE 10.1
> > x86_64 system.  Smart --gui appears to work as well as official 0.41
> > versions.  However, ended up with my /etc/smart/channels directory
> > *empty* of the files put there by the earlier SuSE 'smart' packages.
> > (Don't know if it was the previous step of de-installing of the old
> > version, or the subsequent step of installing of the .99 version,
> > that did this erasing.  Suspect it was the install.)
>
> I guess you have been using Pascal's smart package for SUSE, which ships a
> lot of channel files. I'm not sure if those files are correctly marked as
> config in those packages, which would still have renamed them to .rpmsave
> files.

I have been using that package.  I had changed one of Pascal's files by
adding a mirror to it.  That file *was* renamed to .rpmsave.  And I had
added a file manually to the /etc/smart/channels directory.  That file
was left in the directory with its name unchanged.  Those were the only
two files left in the /etc/smart/channels directory.  The other files
previously there, from Pascal's smart package for SUSE (the files I had
not modified), were all erased.

mikus