Preparing smart 0.42

Andreas Hanke andreas.hanke at gmx-topmail.de
Sat Jun 17 01:05:16 PDT 2006

Hi,

Mikus Grinbergs schrieb:
> I have been using that package.  I had changed one of Pascal's files by
> adding a mirror to it.  That file *was* renamed to .rpmsave.  And I had
> added a file manually to the /etc/smart/channels directory.  That file
> was left in the directory with its name unchanged.  Those were the only
> two files left in the /etc/smart/channels directory.  The other files
> previously there, from Pascal's smart package for SUSE (the files I had
> not modified), were all erased.

Everything normal: RPM removes unchanged config files, creates backups
of changed config files and doesn't touch user-created config files.
This is the way it's intended to be.

You have not lost any data: Just install the RPM you want to have,
again, rename the .rpmsave backup files back to their original name and
everything is restored.

This is normal RPM behaviour, nothing specific to smart or the RPMs you
have used.

Andreas Hanke