useability for dummies

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jun 21 12:23:03 PDT 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:18:14 -0300 Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo at niemeyer.net> wrote:
> > Please note what I said:  "install the __remaining__ packages, if
> > downloaded and *approved*".  In my post I was not advocating that
> > "known failures" be installed (though personally I am in favor of
> > offering that capability, too -- AS AN OPTION).
>
> Yes, it'd be a nice option to be added. Please, open a ticket in
> the tracker with details about it.

Yesterday I took the time to review the "tracker", to see if anyone
had already opened a ticket concerning 'smart' failing to complete
an 'Apply' when not all of the requested packets were "clean".
(There was such a ticket.)

During that search, I noticed that a ticket I had opened seven
months ago was still marked "unread".  Why should I believe that
any ticket I open today will receive any better treatment ?

mikus