dependency graph for a x86_64 made on a i386 host architecture?

Andreas Bach Aaen andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com
Wed Nov 8 08:24:46 PST 2006

Onsdag 08 november 2006 14:51 skrev Jeff Johnson:

> Did you try?
>
> Check if the path is in the library
> 	strings -a /uysr/lib/librpm.a | grep platform
>
> If /etc/rpm/platform is in the library, then
>      mkdir -p /etc/rpm
>      echo "cpu-vendor-os" > /etc/rpm/platform

Right. This works although my rpmlib isn't in a.out format.

I am now able to calculate the x86_64 rpms that I need for a later install (or
mirroring) even if I am running on a i686 machine.
However it would be nicer if I could do this with an optyion to smart instead
of writng to a file under /etc.

My emediate problem is solved. Thanks.

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00
8260 Viby J      Denmark       andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com