Detecting configured yum repos

Claude Jones claudejones at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Nov 5 23:35:58 PST 2006

Configuring channels in Smart is a bit tedious. I discovered by chance that
Smart when started for the first time after installation on my Fedora Core
boxes, would often offer me the option, one by one, of including my existing
yum repositories as channels. I can't figure out how to make this behavior
consistent, however. In the past two weeks, I've built up a couple of new FC6
machines. In both cases, I first configured my yum repositories, which are
easy to do because most of the repos offer release packages which take care
of configuration with one easy rpm installation. Once I have all my
repositories set up, I installed smart, and on first run, Smart went through
all the repos I'd set up, and asked one dialog at a time, if I wanted to add
those repos as channels. Very nice. But, on my second try, this did not
happen. I tried removing Smart and reinstalling it, but to no avail. Is there
a command I can run that will detect the repos in /etc/yum.repos.d and offer
me the opportunity to add them as channels?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA