dependency graph for a x86_64 made on a i386 host architecture?

Andreas Bach Aaen andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com
Tue Nov 7 11:57:30 PST 2006

Tirsdag 07 november 2006 18:39 skrev Mauricio Teixeira (netmask):
> Em Qui, 2006-11-02 às 09:12 +0100, Andreas Bach Aaen escreveu:
> > I would like to get the URLs of the rpms needed to make a x86_64 bit
> > install, but smart wil run on a i386.
>
> What kind of channels are you using?

Only channels pointing to x86_64 rpms.

> By default, when loading package information, Smart simply ignores any
> package with incompatible archs. In that way, x86_64 is incompatible on
> a i386 running system, even though i386 is considere compatible with
> x86_64.

Right. So I really would like to fiddle with the host architecture, as I wont
install the rpms, but rather simply just get a printout of the dependency
graph.

> If you really want to override this, you could check the file under
> smart/backends/rpm that would match your channel type, and comment the
> part where it skips the incompatible archs (look for 'archscore').

I can see that the archscore calls rpm.archscore - where is this located?
Otherwise one should replace the call of os.uname with another function, that
would either call os.uname or pick the architecure from an option specified
at the command line (--arch=<target arch> ).

Regards,
--
Andreas Bach Aaen              System Developer, M. Sc.
Ericsson Danmark A/S           tel: +45 89 38 51 00
8260 Viby J      Denmark       andreas.bach.aaen at ericsson.com