Smart 0.50rc1 available!

Robby (M9.) monkey9 at iae.nl
Wed Nov 8 07:42:31 PST 2006

Pascal Bleser schreef:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Pascal Bleser wrote:
>
>> [pruned]
>

>>> The package should hit the repository (and mirror) in a few hours.
>>> Please test it and send me feedback if something weird happens:
>>>
>>> smart update guru && smart install smart-beta
>>> smart update
>>> smart install smart-gui smart-ksmarttray smart-addons
>>>
>>> (note that the 1st line is supposed to remove smart, smart-gui,
>>> smart-ksmarttray, smart-addons and install smart-beta instead)
>> Further to my earlier message stating that everything is OK.
>
>> I posted a message in suse-help-e advising that RC1 is available and
>> just got a reponse saying that a person tried to install RC1 according
>> to the above instructions and received error messages stating that the
>> 0.42* versions of gui, *tray and addons are already instlled. Made me
>> think (just for a change..) and I started Package Manager.
>
> Uh, yeah, actually the procedure is:
>
> smart update guru && smart install smart-beta
> smart update
> smart install smart-beta-{gui,ksmarttray,addons}
>
>> The Manager is showing that the 0.42 versions of everything are still
>> installed but also is showing that the RC1 is available for
>> installation. So I guess the above 3 lines don't do what they are meant
>> to do.
>
> Indeed.
>
> cheers

In this case, the other installs are indeed removed, and the newly
0.50rc1beta is installed, on SuSE10.2Beta1+x86_64.

After that it can not be invoked:

> monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~> smart
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/smart", line 27, in <module>
>     from smart import init, initDistro, initPlugins, initPsyco
> ImportError: No module named smart
> monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~> smart-beta
> bash: smart-beta: command not found
> monkey9 at tribal-sfn2:~>

After checking, and installing the beta 'belongings' with Yast2, only
the ksmarttray does work, but starting smart from the tray, did not work
either...

Is it meant to do this?
(i did not think so)

Where is smart normaly installed on 64arch?

*Pascal, Is it possible to set-up a test-repo for 10.2?*

M9.