Smart 0.50rc1 available!

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at skynet.be
Wed Nov 8 08:53:08 PST 2006

Robby (M9.) wrote:
> After checking, and installing the beta 'belongings' with Yast2, only
> the ksmarttray does work, but starting smart from the tray, did not work
> either...

Works perfectly well here, on 10.1 and 10.2 - when using the
appropriate smart-beta package ;)

> *Pascal, Is it possible to set-up a test-repo for 10.2?*

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/smart/repo/10.2/
will show up in a few hours

But it's almost pointless, as the only repositories for 10.2 currently
are:
- Factory (is included in my smart package)
- Guru (is included in my smart package), but I barely started to
build some of my packages against 10.2 (well, actually against Factory)

As already said though (and, sorry, this has nothing to do with
smart), if you're looking for latest amarok, mplayer, etc... with full
codec support and all, then use 10.1 and wait for 10.2 to be released.
Current 10.2 betas are made for testing, and testing only, they're not
meant for productive use.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/