Smart 0.50rc1 available!

Robby (M9.) monkey9 at iae.nl
Wed Nov 8 10:04:14 PST 2006

Pascal Bleser schreef:
> Robby (M9.) wrote:
>> After checking, and installing the beta 'belongings' with Yast2, only
>> the ksmarttray does work, but starting smart from the tray, did not work
>> either...
>
> Works perfectly well here, on 10.1 and 10.2 - when using the
> appropriate smart-beta package ;)

>> *Pascal, Is it possible to set-up a test-repo for 10.2?*
>
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/smart/repo/10.2/
> will show up in a few hours
>
> But it's almost pointless, as the only repositories for 10.2 currently
> are:
> - Factory (is included in my smart package)
> - Guru (is included in my smart package), but I barely started to
> build some of my packages against 10.2 (well, actually against Factory)

:) Totaly understandible, but very nice all the same!

> As already said though (and, sorry, this has nothing to do with
> smart), if you're looking for latest amarok, mplayer, etc... with full
> codec support and all, then use 10.1 and wait for 10.2 to be released.
> Current 10.2 betas are made for testing, and testing only, they're not
> meant for productive use.

Yes, that is what has been told..:(
Unfortunately I happen to test much better, while listening to music..:/
(I am hooked, totaly addicted to good music [plz.don't tell anybody else..:)
Besides that, I do realtime testing, as if it was a productionmachine,
doing everything what has to be done.
This way all mistakes show the quickest..
My favorite is installing and testing everything against eachother..
Turning a whole system inside out...

How can I test fi an MP3-player without an mp3 codec?
(flac and ogg work fine, but i don't have enough files :(.)

Helas i am only a tester...and no software engineer...

> cheers

I appreciate what you do, and have done for the community allready..
That goes for people all over the world, who want 'real' sw, they enter
your and packmann's channel first.
And now with smart, all the channels allready build in!
Man, that is like entering a candy-store!.. :)

Cheers 2 u 2.

( I like 102 very much :)

M9.