smart lock improvement

Andreas Hanke andreas.hanke at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Nov 16 16:16:23 PST 2006

Neal Becker schrieb:
> Ah, so you can lock a version out as well as lock one in?  I didn't realize
> this.  I wonder if we need to add this to some doc.

It's already documented:

http://labix.org/smart/faq#head-32f677769a3eb81a7a386ffd3d691ebd8de859e9

Locking a package locks it in its current state: A package that has been
locked while it was installed will keep being installed, a package hat
has been locked while it was not installed will never be installed.

Note that you can not only lock a specific version of a package, but
also a certain range, e.g.:

smart flag --set lock 'packagename < packageversion'