Downgrade command ?

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Mon Nov 27 07:29:54 PST 2006

Em Dom, 2006-11-26 às 14:31 +0100, Pascal Bleser escreveu:

> Would it possible to implement a "downgrade" command, that would
> downgrade specified (or all) packages to the latest known version ?

I'm against this, but *if* it would be implemented, I would suggest:

smart install foo --downgrade=X

Where 'X' is the number of stepps to downgrade. For example:

foo-1
foo-2
foo-3

If I have foo-3 installed and foo-2 is broken, then the only possible
solution would be foo-1, so:

smart install foo --downgrade=2

This way I would downgrade 2 releases.

Anyway, this request contradicts another one

"Option for making downgrades less attractive"
http://tracker.labix.org/issue35

So we really need further discussion.

My vote? No option/flag to downgrade. Those who want to do so should
have enough knowledge to continue using smart install foo-v.e.r.

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR