system CPU load from smart

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) netmask at webset.net
Fri Oct 6 10:20:57 PDT 2006

Em Sáb, 2006-09-16 às 13:18 -0500, Mikus Grinbergs escreveu:

> Like to use 'smart --gui'.  Looked at 'top' during a download --
> 'smart' was using 10% of the CPU; 'X' was using 8%  (I think 2%

I'm not very experienced with GUI issues, but my best guess is that this
is a pytgtk issue, not Smart itself.

AFAICS, those cpu clycles are being spent by the Python components to
draw the widgets on the scree, which is very very hard to debug and
recode to reduce cpu usage, unless being done by a very experienced
pygtk developer.

As I said, it's just my gut feeling. :)

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR