[issue70] Smart shouldn't remove/downgrade packages when upgrading(smart upgrade).

Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) at Labix Tracker tracker at labix.org
Sat Sep 2 15:53:37 PDT 2006

New submission from Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) <mteixeira at webset.net>:

As discussed many times on the mailing list, Smart does exactly what the user
asks it to do, so it tries to work out anything that is needed to complete the
requested operation.

In this specific case it's problably packaging issues (not problems, just
changes). For example, if gimp had versioned requires, any upgrade would remove
it. Also, the mozilla-xulrunner is being installed because the new version of
yelp requires it. Those are completely understantable and normal operations.

I'm closing this issue. If you wish to discuss more, we hope to have you on our
mailing list.

nosy: +netmask
status: chatting -> resolved