Is smart regressing?

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Sat Sep 2 23:45:53 PDT 2006

Until a couple of days ago, smart regularly checked the state of
available upgrades and a small window would pop-up from the task tray
informing me that either there were "no interesting upgrades' available
or that there were new upgrades available. This suddenly has stopped.

Yesterday I did a manual update of the channels and found that there
were several packages to be upgraded - one of them was amarok. Now, a
short time ago I again manually updated the channels and discovered that
there were many new upgrades (kde packages).

Why has smart stopped doing the auto-updates of the channels? (if that
is what it was actually doing).

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1