smart has a strange effect

Basil Chupin blchupin at tpg.com.au
Fri Sep 8 07:08:51 PDT 2006

I am using SUSE 10.1 with smart 0.42-12 and kde3 3.5.4 (the latest
upgrades).

When I am watching TV, for examle, I get a slight pause/jump in the
picture whenever smart does its check of channels (in the background). I
can see that smart is doing some channel-checking because I can see the
ADSL modem  being active.

At other times if I happen to be moving my mouse across the screen, the
mouse hesitates and then jumps (slightly) in the direction I was moving it.

What is smart may be causing this behaviour?

Cheers.

--
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1