Configure channel problem

Russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Thu Sep 7 10:43:41 PDT 2006

SUSE10.0, smart-0.42-11.guru.suse100
smart-gui-0.42-11.guru.suse100
smart-ksmarttray-0.42-11.guru.suse100
smart-addons-0.42-11.guru.suse100
smart-debuginfo-0.42-11.guru.suse100

The package appears to work good except when I try to add a local repository.
I put the RPM I downloaded in /usr/src/packages/RPMS/i386. did a createrepo
at the RPMS level. All done as root.

Then go to smart /edit/channels/new and select either Read channel description
from local path or Detect channel in local path. Browse
to /usr/src/packages/RPMS and click add. The channel never shows up in the
view of the channels and smart does not see the rpm.

Documentation does not show how to add channel manually. All other examples
work. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you!
--
Russ