F***in' annoying unavailable keys...

Jeff Johnson n3npq at mac.com
Sun Sep 3 11:39:35 PDT 2006

On Sep 3, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Stephen Boddy wrote:

> On Sunday 03 September 2006 14:16, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>> IMHO, the problem is caused, by the simple reason, that the key,
>>> when it
>>> gets imported, goes to: /home/user/.gnpg/pubring.gpg
>>> and not in the rpm-database...
>>
>> So you have the pubkey in the gpg keyring, but not in the rpmdb
>> keyring.
>>
>> Export an ascii armored pubkey, then do
>>      rpm --import your_export_key_here
>> is one solution.
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> You really seem to know this stuff, so a quick question please.

Yah, I wrote the code ;-)

> I had two packages without keys, and I kept getting annoying popups
> notifying
> me of the fact when using the GUI. I've obtained the public key and
> imported
> it for one of them as per the above, but I am unable to find the
> key for the
> second anywhere.
>
> Is it possible to deactivate the check for the single package
> giving me grief?
> (It's the libdvdcss 1.2.8 rpm from VideoLan in case that is relevant)
>
> Or would I be better off erasing the package and installing the lib
> from
> source?

Easiest solution is to sign the package with your key and install:
    rpm --addsign libdvdcss*.rpm
     rpm -Uvh --force libdvdcss*.rpm

That does mean you will have to resign the package every time you want
to upgrade, but it will remove the annoying pop-ups, giving you time
to find the necessary pubkey, or alternatively, a repository with a
replacement upgrade for libdvdcss that does have a pubkey.

hth

73 de Jeff