F***in' annoying unavailable keys...

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 3 11:36:36 PDT 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 14:16, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > IMHO, the problem is caused, by the simple reason, that the key,
> > when it
> > gets imported, goes to: /home/user/.gnpg/pubring.gpg
> > and not in the rpm-database...
>
> So you have the pubkey in the gpg keyring, but not in the rpmdb keyring.
>
> Export an ascii armored pubkey, then do
>      rpm --import your_export_key_here
> is one solution.

Hi Jeff,

You really seem to know this stuff, so a quick question please.

I had two packages without keys, and I kept getting annoying popups notifying
me of the fact when using the GUI. I've obtained the public key and imported
it for one of them as per the above, but I am unable to find the key for the
second anywhere.

Is it possible to deactivate the check for the single package giving me grief?
(It's the libdvdcss 1.2.8 rpm from VideoLan in case that is relevant)

Or would I be better off erasing the package and installing the lib from
source?

OK, two quick questions...

Regards
--