New Smart GUI

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Thu Aug 2 07:08:54 PDT 2007

On 8/2/07, linux_learner <linux.learner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jop and I have been working on the new smart gui. It is written with Glade.
> I am open to suggestions. I am also keeping track of it here
> http://thecompletecomputerresource.com/forum/index.php?topic=137.msg453;topicseen#msg453
>  My forum.

I think that current GUI is more intuitive. Why would you want a
channels tab or config tab? There are part of the configuration and
belong under the Edit menu.

I agree that "search" should be always visible, I believe Banshee got
that part right.

I'd also like to drop the "hide XX" checkboxes in favour of a "view"
dropdown (view: all, installed, available, upgrades, marked).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content