Smart on Debian

Patrick Shanahan paka at wahoo.no-ip.org
Sun Jan 7 06:45:32 PST 2007

* Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> [01-07-07 09:37]:
> This is nuts.

You are entitled to your opinion.

> 1) That howto is not even linked to from the home page.
> 2) The whole point of using a package manager like smart, apt, yum or
> urpmi is to not have to not have to worry about dependencies.
> 3) That section doesn't even say that you need the rpm python module on
> Debian. Take a look!
>
> I was thinking of using smart, as an ISV, to deal with the fact that
> different RPM distros have different front-ends (yum, yast, urpmi). I
> was thinking of just using smart for everyone. But if installing
> smart is more trouble than installing my application from sources...
>
> I guess I have to look elsewhere.

That is your prerogative, but you are being quite irrational.  To
install a tool to make other installations easier will require more
work/manipulations than the resultant actions.  It's *your* loss.

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/