Smart on Debian

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sun Jan 7 06:54:25 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 09:45 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com> [01-07-07 09:37]:
> > This is nuts.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion.

You disagree? You feel that there is no need to link to documentation?
You feel that it's ok for "apt-get install smartpm" to not install the
needed dependencies? You feel it's ok for the howto to be inaccurate and
not list python-rpm as a dependency on Debian even though it is?

> > I guess I have to look elsewhere.
>
> That is your prerogative, but you are being quite irrational.

You feel it's irrational to not use smart when smart itself is more
trouble than installing my app from a tar ball?

> install a tool to make other installations easier will require more
> work/manipulations than the resultant actions.

I have no idea what you just tried to say here. I can't parse this
sentence.

Daniel.