Operation Progress window did not scroll

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jul 14 07:23:06 PDT 2007

Using 'smart --gui' under Gnome on SuSE 10.2.  An update to Gnome
for SuSE 10.2 became available recently, meaning there were 100
packages (or thereabouts) to be installed.

When 'smart --gui' got to the 'committing transaction' phase, its
Operation Progress window would not show other packages than those
it installed first -- attempts to move the slider of the scroll bar
of that window were ignored.  So (after the first few packages) all
I could follow was the overall percent complete of that phase, but
not the individual progress with the remainder of the packages.
(All packages were installed o.k.)  I do not know whether the 'not
scroll' behavior I saw may have been due to something being
installed interacting with something being used.  The 'smart --gui'
message log window showed nothing out of the ordinary.

mikus