Operation Progress window did not scroll

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:26:37 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 10:23 -0400, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> Using 'smart --gui' under Gnome on SuSE 10.2.  An update to Gnome
> for SuSE 10.2 became available recently, meaning there were 100
> packages (or thereabouts) to be installed.
>
> When 'smart --gui' got to the 'committing transaction' phase, its
> Operation Progress window would not show other packages than those
> it installed first -- attempts to move the slider of the scroll bar
> of that window were ignored.  So (after the first few packages) all
> I could follow was the overall percent complete of that phase, but
> not the individual progress with the remainder of the packages.
> (All packages were installed o.k.)  I do not know whether the 'not
> scroll' behavior I saw may have been due to something being
> installed interacting with something being used.  The 'smart --gui'
> message log window showed nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> mikus

Did you have any other mouse or keyboard control of the smart window
during this phase or after it completed? I have found on my suse 10.2
system on a laptop of 'only' 512mb ram that smart gui often becomes
'dead' to user input during and after operations even though it is
running, or has competed an operation. I usually have to kill it off
when this happens.

Gavin