API for smart?

Margraf, Erik erik.margraf at siemens.com
Sun Mar 18 09:07:32 PDT 2007

Thank's for your answer. I think I got the picture.
I will take a closer look at the implementation of
the gui and cli interfaces as examples. Anyway,
I'd, of course, appreciate any additional kickoff
information.

What I want to achieve is, to have a smart-based
application, which deals with a certain set of
self developed packages only. This "smart-application"
shall deal with only one channel and shall be capable
to install (and remove) only packages available
via this channel. The goal is to allow "normal users"
to install/remove these packages on a system without
generally giving them the right to install/remove software

BTW. Is this API (i.e. the "smart library") stable?
(In the sense, that name and signature of functions
will change a lot within the next few releases)

Thanks again.

regards
Erik Margraf

--