RFE: smart upgrade automatically installing kernel modules for new kernels?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo at niemeyer.net
Tue May 15 07:05:49 PDT 2007

Hey Axel,

> any chance this could be looked at? There is also a ticket on this.

Sure thing!

> This is the only real shortcoming of smart from my POV. I managed to
> write a correspondig yum plugin in less than 100 lines of python, but
> for smart I'm missing the hooks.
>
> The operation is rather trivial it just needs to be hacked into smart
> somehow. OK, I know, "send in a patch" :)

I'd like to make this work by adding a hook and a plugin which inserts
artificial "upgrade" relationships in the graph, which should be
somewhat trivial as well.

To guide the development, can you come up with a list of use cases
you'd like to cover?  If possible, please try to make them short and
simple (E.g. package .... and ... is installed, package .... is
available, etc).

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Niemeyer