verify installed files

Max Waterman davidmaxwaterman+smart at fastmail.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 20:54:42 PST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to use rkhunter, which checks for root kits, and part of
it's functionality requires the constructions of a table of hashes for
each file on the system.

However, before that is done, it is necessary to verify that the files
are the same as the originals.

Apparently, this can be done with a package manager, but I don't see
such an option with smart. Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks!

Max.

Ref: