How to best handle three offices with three different sets ofrepositories and different proxies?

Kyek, Andreas, VF-DE A.Kyek at vodafone.com
Thu Nov 29 00:34:32 PST 2007

Rainer M Krug wrote:
> Hi Grant
>
> thanks for your suggestion
> Some questions below:
>
> Grant McWilliams wrote:
[...]
> > *The shell script*
> >
> >     #!/bin/bash
> >
> >     smart config --set http-proxy=
> >     http://username:password@proxy-ip:port
> >     <http://username:password@proxy-ip/>
> >     smart config --set
> ftp-proxy=http://username:password@proxy-ip:port
> >     <http://username:password@proxy-ip/>
> >
> >     smart channel --add channels.txt
> >
> >     smart mirror --add mirrors.txt
>
> this solution sounds easy enough - but if I switch to the other site,
> don't I have to remove the channels and mirrors from the
> previos one to only have one set?

a) a "smart mirror --remove-all" does (for me) not remove the
configured mirrors from the configuration; a "smart mirror --show"
still shows all mirrors!

b) why should one remove the configured mirrors? Just configure all
mirrors you need for all channels and leave them as they are; they
can be used from all places

c) just create two (or more) channel.txt files with the
necessary settings (and remove e.g. in case of rpm-Systems
the channel [rpm-sys]). Then you can easily switch between
the different settings by saying:

- smart channel --remove-all
- smart channel --add "your channel.txt file"
- smart config --set ...

Andreas